Sunday, March 1, 2020

Route 66


A true piece of nostalgia is anything Route 66 to many people. It’s an iconic piece of American history. Thousands, and perhaps millions, of stories revolve around some aspect of that cross-country route of days long gone by. To me, from days when I was much younger, it provokes memories of purity and simplicity. In those days when I was on and around Route 66, my life was simpler, and much purer. At the time I certainly didn’t think so, but now I can grasp retrospectively that indeed that was the case. There is a catch to that thinking, however. The simplicity and purity of those days is the same in todays time, and it is available should we choose to grab it.

I’m not one to live in the past, though I know many who are and seem content in doing so. Living in the now simply allows me to be more aware of where I am at (inside) in the present. The present that I long for and strive for most consistently is that present when heart and my mind are in sync with each other. That is when my soul reminds me with its loudest affirmation “it is well, it is well in your soul”. I sincerely think that most of us humans are like that. We seem to innately have that desire hardwired in our DNA. God saw to that in His infinite wisdom.

When I am clear about where I am in this present moment, when my heart and head are in sync with each other, when my soul is reminding me that “it is well”, I am experiencing that same simplicity and purity of days gone past. I’m simply on my now Route 66.

You can as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment