Friday, December 13, 2019

A walking story

I've copy/pasted this with the permission of it's author--Rich Hammershoy, a member of my men's small group. I wanted to share his insight.

           As some of you know, I like to walk. No, let me rephrase that. I love to walk!
When I walk I talk to God. I guess you could call it prayer. I just talk to God. And sometimes he brings wonderful thoughts to my mind. Like tonight for example. I was thinking about the sun.(Yes,I was thinking about the sun at night.) And how much of a wonderful blessing it is for the entire world. I mean life wouldn’t be possible without it right?  
Our planet is just the right distance from the sun that water is found in liquid form. (A necessity for all life and another blessing from God)All plant life depends on the sun. How amazing is that! That a plant lives off sunlight, in dirt. Just add water! 
Another amazing thing that the sun does for us is that it gives us vitamin D.
What? We get vitamins from sunlight? Yep.
Sunlight helps our bones stay strong. (Vitamin D actually helps us absorb calcium and phosphorus which are necessary for our bones to stay healthy, in case you were wondering. I was.) 
Anyway I was also thinking about the two different spellings of the word
sun/son. And how in heaven there will be no need for a moon or sun.
“I saw no temple in the city, for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. And the city has no need of sun or moon, for the glory of God illuminates the city, and the Lamb is its light.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭21:22-23‬ ‭NLT‬‬
The Son of God, The Lamb of God, Jesus, will be the light in heaven.
If the Celestial sunlight here on this earth does so many wonderful things for us and how it is absolutely necessary for life on this planet, just try and imagine what wonderful benefits are in store for us  from the light we will receive from the Lamb of God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment