Sunday, September 28, 2014

My Son

My Dear Son:

I know exactly how hard you struggle at times.  I know the pain you feel sometimes as you go about your daily business of life.  I know of your victories, and I know of your defeats.  I know how you beat yourself up when you have those defeats.  I know how you struggle with temptations and sometimes yield to them, just as I know of those times that you catch yourself and say no.  I know how those mind games you play on yourself can sometimes lead you where you don't want to be.  I know about that soft area in your heart, the one that gets to you when you see children hurt or abused, or when you realize with deep sadness that a friend has passed without knowing or accepting Christ.  I know the frustration and anger you feel towards yourself when you work so hard to be a better man, husband, and father, only to "blow it" at times. 

My son, I love you for what you are and what you will be.  I love that you "get it" and are determined to become a better man.  You will be.  You are building character, and strength each day.  You will have set backs and failures, but you will also have huge successes.  It's a part of this process called life, and it is a part of the life long lesson of making choices...both good and bad...and learning from them.  I love that you get frustrated and angry, just as I love that you struggle.  I love your heart because with each bit of increase of softness, there is a lessening of hardness in it. 

Your life is exactly as I planned it son.  You are on track.  You are making progress.  You are overcoming.  You are precious my son, and I will never stop loving you, nor will I ever leave you.  I am always here for you and I won't abandon you.  You are mine son.

God

No comments:

Post a Comment