Saturday, May 16, 2015

I'm Sorry


I know someone who says that a lot. The trouble is, they don’t really mean it very often, because they are the type of person who is very seldom wrong in their own mind. Those kinds of folks are challenges to be around aren’t they?
Don’t we sometimes just kind of whip the old “I’m sorry” out in our own relationships without really meaning it? We use that version of I’m sorry to end the discussion because it just may get a bit uncomfortable if it were to go further.
I’m sorry can be either an empty term, or it can be the most sincere heartfelt exclamation we can make. Whichever we use will determine the value we place on the relationship. There’s no in between. We either value the relationship, or we think more of ourselves and winning, than we think of the other.

 

Sorry is not enough.

Sometimes we actually have to change.

 

Here’s an end cap for the subject—the difference between a real I’m sorry and a pretend one is the real one will not only sound real, it will have a “will you forgive me” following it. Capiche?

Bottom Line Thought: If you found this topic to not be applicable to you, I’m sorry, will you please forgive me? My guess would be that won’t be the case will it?

No comments:

Post a Comment