Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Why a Christian?


Some folks may wonder why they are Christians in their moments of reflection. Some might think that it’s needed given their background. There are some who have been brought up as Christians and have remained so, and haven’t tasted the fruit of the tree. Others may have a need to have something in their lives besides themselves. Others are spiritually convicted to be Christians.
Whatever our reasons, or whenever we made the decision to be Christians and live the Christian life, we most likely experienced an “ah-ha” moment in our lives. We made that choice because it was the only logical and reasonable choice for us to make at the time and we started to experience some change within us in a relatively short time. That change was sometimes scary and surreal, it could have been very obvious or somewhat obscure, but it was there. It was a real change.

I found a little saying that sums it up for my experience;

I’m not a Christian because I’m strong and have it all together.

I’m a Christian because I’m weak and admit that I need a savior.

That’s enough to give anyone an “ah-ha” moment. When it happened to me I’m pretty sure it gave God one too as He surely may have said, “It finally happened. I waited a long time for this.”
Real men will never question why they are Christians. They will know why. It’s because real men acknowledge their weaknesses and admit their need for a savior in their lives. So the better question to ask becomes, “Why not be a Christian?”

Bottom Line Thought:  Why are you a Christian?

No comments:

Post a Comment