Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Filthy Rich

           With the current PowerBall Lottery prize currently sitting on $1.2 Billion, it caused me to think about filthy----as if filthy rich.  If one person were to win that drawing they would indeed be filthy rich.  Or would they?

            I may be weird, but that kind of filthy rich doesn't do anything for me.  Call me crazy if you will, but at least hear me out.  That kind of money would be the worst thing that could ever happen to me.  First and foremost, I have never been good with money.  I have a soft heart, and on top of that I enjoy fun.  Perhaps that is why I have always had to force myself to live within my means, and even at that I have failed to do so miserably....many times.  I'm just one of those folks that aren't motivated by money, nor wired to deal with it in a responsible manner.  I accept that.  And, the zinger is that I consider being filthy rich in other, more real ways:


           And there is one more, the most important way I want to be filthy rich...Rich in a secure relationship with Jesus Christ.  If I am filthy rich with all of the above, I really don't need to play the PowerBall.  I'll have all the satisfaction I will ever need.

No comments:

Post a Comment