Saturday, October 12, 2019

A Saturday Smile


Our Christian walk is serious business. So serious, in fact, that it truly is a life and death matter. I believe that some are, unfortunately, too serious about it because it seems to have robbed them of their sense of humor. Whenever I interact with a humorless Christian my mind goes to a famous piece of art and the two folks painted as the subjects of American Gothic, by artist Grant Wood.

I believe that it is a natural and integral part of our being to have a sense of humor. I believe we were made that way, that it was part of Gods plan for each of us. If indeed that is the case, then that also leads me to believe that God himself had a sense of humor. That said, it is we humans, and it is because of our brokenness, that our sense of humor is skewed. It goes places that it is best not going to. God's sense of humor, however, is perfect, because He is perfect.

Who could possibly think that God didn't have a sense of humor after reading about Baalam and the Talking Donkey in the Bible story contained in Numbers chapter 22?  Check it out.

Now--a Saturday Smile:


The more that time passes in my Christian walk, I find that the more I know I know the more I don’t know. And the more I don’t know, the more perplexing it is to know that I don’t know what I don’t know.  Knowing that I don’t know what I don’t know itself becomes a bit of a challenge. Kind of makes my head want to explode sometimes.

                                                      ~Joe Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment