Thursday, October 17, 2019

One of "Those Moments"



They don't happen often. That’s probably because we are too into the moment (or ourselves) to pick up on them. Or, we're too busy, our minds are racing, or maybe we're simply not tuned in. But when we get one of "those moments”, we know it because it comes at us like a lightning bolt.



About Me: One of “those moments” came to me recently as I was driving to work, and like many of those moments, it came out of the blue. There was no catalytic reason, no logical or precipitating reason--it just popped into my head. It affected my heart (as "those" moments tend to do), and it had a major positive impact on me for the rest of the day.



My moment came when I realized that my outlook on life is vastly different now that I am a committed believer in Jesus Christ. I don't live like I used to, and I know just how awesomely blessed I am. My moment felt like a huge, warm, fuzzy comfort coat was wrapped around me, and as the day progressed it stayed on me. It was a normal day in all other aspects, but “that moment” made it truly special. Wouldn't it be awesome if we were capable as humans of living "those moments” 24/7/365?



What About You: Maybe you're not a Christ-follower, but do you have “those moments” from time to time?  Do you cherish them as specials? Do you find yourself wishing it would happen more often?  Just what is it that makes them happen to us? It’s “those moments” that often remind us that we can be in tune with all that God wants us to be.



Encouraging Words: Isiah 43:2, Romans 15:13, Deuteronomy 28:1-68



How many times have you noticed that it’s the little quiet moments

in the midst of life that seem to give the rest extra-special meaning?

~Fred Rogers





No comments:

Post a Comment