Saturday, July 26, 2014

It really doesn't matter

Jacob was a cheater
Peter had a temper
David had an affair
Noah got drunk
Jonah ran from God
Paul was a murderer
Gideon was insecure
Miriam was a gossiper
Martha was a worrier
Thomas was a doubter
Sarah was impatient
Elijah was depressed
Moses stuttered
Zaccheus was short
Abraham was old
and Lazarus was dead....
 
The list above is a list of biblical characters (literally).  Quite a bunch of characters (and character defects as well), wouldn't you say?  And yet, He called them all, each of them, for some purpose. 
 
In looking at that list, I can see my name replacing 10 on that list...actually 11 if you wish to say I'm old.  Am I all of those things now?  Of course not.  But I have been at any given time in my life, I'm not proud to say. 
 
Can you see yourself anywhere on that list.....past or present?
 
Here's the deal.....straight up........
 
God doesn't call the qualified.  He qualifies the called !!
 
(and he always has)
 
No matter where we've been, or where we are, if we are ever going to be better men, husbands and fathers we need to understand and embrace our humanness and brokenness and allow ourselves to forgive ourselves.  And be aware that God used folks just like us, called folks just like us, to further His kingdom. 
 
Are you ready to be qualified?

No comments:

Post a Comment