Sunday, February 22, 2015

Content

Someone once shared with me that they thought it must be difficult to write a blog such as this each day.  I shared with them that I see the writing of this blog as a daily gift, and in some sense, a selfish way, because it is a gift to me.  I believe that being able to write this blog is not only a gift from God, but more importantly...it is the sharing and the using of His gift to me to hopefully spread news about the wonders of God's love for us all, and particularly to those who are men, husbands, and fathers.

We all, if we search within ourselves, have gifts we can use to further enhance the Kingdom work for the benefit, not for ourselves, but for others...unselfishly.  I am content with what I try to share.  I am content with myself, even knowing that I am far from perfect, that there is yet some brokenness within me, that I will never reach the perfection that I seek.  I am content with the fact that I have tripped, stumbled, and fallen throughout my life, that I still do, and that I always will.  I am very content in the knowledge of God's love as He continually is there to pick me up and stay beside me as I take that next step.  And I am content in sharing the posts, because almost every one of them is, in some way, attached to me and the struggles I have, and have had, trying to be a worthy man, husband, and father.

We can all be content in the knowledge that we are imperfect, and always will be....and that God knows that.

We can all be content in the knowledge that despite those imperfections, God will always be with us and wants to help us work through them.

We can all be content in the fact that by having accepted Christ as our Lord and Savior, we are the recipients of more grace than we will ever realize, and He shoulders our sin as long as we continue to call upon Him.

We can all be content in the knowledge that because of that our future is sealed in the blood of Jesus....and that is the most important gift we will ever receive, and the most important gift we can ever share with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment