Saturday, February 21, 2015

Messy People

"go clean your room"
"will you pick up that mess you left in the kitchen"
"you are an absolute mess"
"I have made such a mess out of my life"
"I messed up big"
 
The above are common phrases, often said, often heard, and all relate to messy people.  Like me.....and maybe you?  As a husband and father I have lovingly shared the top 3 on more than one occasion....and not always in the nicest of tones.  The latter 2 I have shared with myself far more many times than I care to recall.  That's because my life decisions and choices can clearly dictate to me that I am a messy person.
 
No, I am not beating myself up in saying that because I have learned one thing about God's great love for me....so much so, that I can imagine Him saying to me, when I need it most....
 
 
and that gives me the strength to call upon Him regularly and passionately.  I know now that He knows I'm a mess, and He wants to help me walk out of it.

 
 
Guys....that's all He wants from all of us.  He knows we are messy people.  Can you honor God with your mess?


No comments:

Post a Comment