Sunday, December 13, 2015

Can you do it?

               The posts from this blog are shared on Facebook each day on a page by the same name as the blog.  I've often wondered if the writings would, could, or were having any helpful impact on whoever it is that ultimately reads them.  And, though I've wondered that, I've never really lost the fact that, somewhat selfishly, I am writing them as a sort of personal catharsis.  They are good for me.  The act of writing them is good for my mind and my soul.  And, being public with them is a good means of keeping me in check and holding my own feet to the fire, so to speak.

           I recently received a private message from a gentleman who lives in another country, and receives the posts.  In the message he shared that he was struggling with a relational issue in his life and asked some probing questions.  In other words, apparently since the posts are about being better men, husbands, and fathers, something about a post(s) tweaked him and he started to think about his own situation and how he could change.  My prayers and questions about whether or not what I am able to write could or would have any impact on anyone's life were answered.  I make no bones about it--I'm no healer, and I don't have all the answers, and yes, I struggle in my own life.  I am broken, just as we all are.  It's just a matter of degrees.

           Where am I going with all of this?  We may never know what kind of a positive impact something we may have said or done had in the life of someone else.  And our knowing is not the important thing anyway.  What is important is that the words or deeds we uttered or did may have provided the catalyst to help some other person.

            Through all of this I am asking if you will play a small role in possibly helping another guy change his life.  During the next week, or better yet as you read the daily posts, if one strikes you in a particular way could you copy/paste the link for that post and share it with guys on your email list, your twitter feed, and/or your Facebook page?  This is NOT to build numbers for my readership.  It is FOR each of us doing what we can to help someone else become better men, husbands, and fathers.  You may never know how much a link  you shared affected another guys life.

           Can you do it?

No comments:

Post a Comment