Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Sundays

I'm not naïve, nor do I live in a box unable to see the world around me.  I realize that many, if not most, folks look at the weekends as R & R times.  I get that.  I really do.  So, maybe I'm just weird.  You see, I love Sundays.  Not for the football or other sports.  Not for the sleeping in.  Not for the leisurely brunch's with the wife.  Nor for the fact that at home I will be getting a major overdose of butt time just hanging out.  On Sundays I generally get up at my normal get up time...4 AM.  Why?  Because that's what I do...without the alarm.

You see, I love Sundays because I know I am going to church and I look forward to it. I'm going because I want to.  Not because I have to, or because it's something I think I should do, or because it's what one is supposed to do on Sunday.  I simply want to, and therefore I look forward to it.

Sure, I'll see friends there and enjoy talking with them, but I love going because I know I will be worshiping to some awesome music which reaches deep within me and tweaks my feeling and passion.  I will be hearing great messages that somehow always seem to target me and my inner thoughts and needs, and are something that I need to hear at that particular time.  And, I will be taking communion to remind me of the unfathomable love of God, who because of that love sent His Son to die on the cross for my sins so that I might be saved.

My heart hurts for folks who either just go through the motions because it seems the "right thing" to do, and for those who just don't bother at all. 

Bottom Line Thought:  What do you feel about Sundays?  Are they special for you?  In what way?



No comments:

Post a Comment