Tuesday, February 23, 2016

The little guy in the red tights

"I did it again !"

"I wish I didn't say things like that."

"Why did I just swear that way in front of the kids?"

"I'm trying so hard, but I keep doing those things."

"Where do those thoughts keep coming from?"

"Am I going to act like this all my life?"

"How can God love me when I am like this?"

How many times have you said to yourself, or thought them, the above thoughts?


Some of us are convinced that there are voices in our head that  tell us these things:

"Go ahead, no one will ever know."

"Aw, go on.  It'll be fun and it won't hurt anyone."

There's a culprit in our lives.  He likes to disrupt them, and he loves to make us think those things and say those things.....and he loves to tell us the last two encouraging statements.  He's the little guy in the red tights.  He resides in our minds, and he rides on our shoulders whispering into our ears...."go ahead."  He's the one who helps us "do it again."    And, he loves playing with his best audience....we who are Christians.  Our only hope against the little guy in the red tights is to keep on fighting him with large doses of continued spiritual growth and all that that entails.




No comments:

Post a Comment