Monday, January 6, 2020

Seeds



While at work today I saw a scene that pinged my heart. I was checking a greenhouse for the company I work for and was admiring the seedlings in the propagation center. It was just a few short weeks ago that the crew had tediously placed seeds no larger than mustard seeds into each thumb size cup of the seed pods they were filling. Today, the results of their labor was showing thanks to a warm, moist, controlled indoor climate--thousands of beautiful, vibrant green less-than-an-inch shoots of growth. Proper, patient, knowledgeable care and nourishment were the main ingredients in the journey from seed to sprout. That, and the trust that the process was right for the circumstances.
It took me back a few years to that time when a man patiently took the time to plant the seed of Jesus in the pod of my then hard heart. The soil in that pod wasn't receptive to growing that seed, but my friend was patient. As time went on, he provided the necessary amount of care, knowledge, and nourishment needed for the seed he had planted to grow. And, he trusted God for the outcome of his efforts.
Just as with the plants above, in time the seed that he planted sprouted into a beautiful growing seedling of God.
Have you planted any seeds lately? Are you helping them sprout?

No comments:

Post a Comment