Monday, November 11, 2019

Fixations

Is it time for the pendulum to swing? So often Christians seem to be fixated on who they aren't as opposed to who they are. Their fixation centers on the badness in them instead of the goodness. They often speak of their unworthiness in the eyes of the Lord, how they are fallen and broken, how they keep missing the mark, etc. I'm of the mind that fixating on negatives breeds negatives, just as fixating on the positives breeds positives.

There are so many positive things we can fixate on; we're all children of God, as believers we have the promise of eternity with Him, we are blessed and beloved, we are redeemed, we are loved beyond measure, and the list goes on.

I know one certainty. When I fixate on the negatives, my joy decreases exponentially. When I fixate on positives, it increases exponentially.

Fixations are a choice we make.

No comments:

Post a Comment