Tuesday, November 19, 2019

The Hands that Matter (a re-post)

"I got it"
"I can handle it"
"I've got it under control"
"I can do it"
"I know"
 
Beside the "I's", isn't there a common thread in all of the above?  Sure there is....it's all about control.  That's something most of us guys are real familiar with isn't it? Com'on...aren't we all at least just a little bit control freakish?  Oh, and that would include those of us who are trying to live the Christian life.
 
Our inherent need to control comes right along with our brokenness and humanness.  Sometimes I wonder if I don't have a supercharged c chromosome in me that drives my thinking.  I actually catch myself at saying or doing something in a controlling way....and I hate it every time it pops up.
 
It is that inherent desire within us to control that drives us away from that which will help us the most to get away from that same desire.  It all comes down to a pair of hands.  A pair of hands that matter....really matter.
 
Those who leave everything in God's hand.....
 
will eventually see God's hand in everything.
 
You got that?  Can you handle that?

No comments:

Post a Comment