Friday, November 8, 2019

My Cup Ran Over

The start of the day was special. The transition from sleep to being awake was wonderfully facilitated by an earworm, one that decided to stick around for a while. It made for a very pleasant start to the day because of what it reminded me--that I'm ok. Who wouldn't enjoy that? This particular earworm firmly planted itself in my head, and I was blessed by repeat after repeat of the song It Is Well With My Soul.  I shared that experience with you in yesterday's post. What I didn't share was the sequel to the story, simply because it hadn't happened yet.

My mind must have some secret switches connected to it somehow, because just as the repeat switch had been enabled for the earworm, throughout the day another mind switch was turned on. This switch was the random play switch. Here's what happened. All throughout the day great thoughts kept pouring out of my mind--thoughts about me. It was literally a fine symphony of goodness that presented itself. I was presented with thoughts such as: how much I am blessed, how awesome God is, how much God loves me, I am a child of God, I am a good man, I am loved, He is with me always, and the list goes on and on.

This all happened during the course of a normal work day, one which presented itself with the normal, usual, and expected problems and issues related to the work I do. None of that stopped the symphony from playing. And, for as long as it played, each problem and issue was met with a cheerful attitude and approach toward its solution. It made for a great day. It also, in a striking manner, reminded me of the truth in the 23rd Psalm, that my cup indeed runneth over. Lord, you can hit that switch any time you want. I'm in.

No comments:

Post a Comment