Wednesday, December 10, 2014

An ambitious undertaking

Well.......an undertaking, yes....but perhaps more like a challenge.  And an ambitious one at that.  But before I get to the basics, let me share something with you;
  • I enjoy writing these posts....do you enjoy reading them?
  • I write things that relate to me and are close to my heart.  Do the posts generally relate to you in some small way?
  • Writing the posts help me in my walk as a Christian man.  Do they help you?
It's been just shy of a year since this blog went on-line.  With rare exceptions there has been a post each day of the week.  I schedule them to be published at 4 AM each day.  That's because I realize a lot of guys specifically allot themselves a quiet time each morning, and hopefully they will check their e-mails and read the post that comes to them each morning.

I'm asking each person who receives this to take the challenge.  Will you be very intentional for the next two weeks in copy/pasting the link for this blog to those on your e-mail lists, and perhaps even your social media contacts/friends and encourage them to check it out....and if they like it to sign on so they can get it in their own e-mail each day?  You know, maybe it doesn't just have to be your man friends and contacts either.  Perhaps you (or your wife) know of some lady who has a husband or boyfriend who could benefit from receiving the posts.

I don't get anything for writing these.....nor do I want anything.  I do them for me.  It's a form of journaling for me, and I rather like it.  It forces me to think about me, to look at my weaknesses.  And it is my only intention that perhaps there are others "out there" who would benefit in the same way.  I'm not into a numbers game here at all.  I actually don't have a clue as to how many have subscribed...I can't find a way to find that out.....and I am really ok with that.

All I'm wondering is.....can you meet the challenge?

One more thing !  I am most certainly not the wizard of writing.  I love it, but there are many, many more out there who can do a much better job.  Maybe even you !  Have you ever had thoughts you want to share?  You know....that sudden brainstorm that you could make an article about?  I want you to know that this blog is not exclusively for my own writing.  Churches have guest speakers.  I would love to have guest contributors.  E-mail me at de3man@sbcglobal.net it

No comments:

Post a Comment