Sunday, December 14, 2014

Notes

" I fed the dog before I left"
 
"Have a great day....I love you"
 
"Pick up shirts at the cleaners"
 
"The dog ate Joey's homework"
 
What is the common thread  between the four sentences listed above?  If you guessed correctly you would have said that they are all examples of notes (well, maybe the last one is a stretch!).  We make notes a lot don't we?  If you don't....trust me, you will when you get older.  The need for notes seems to be fully ensconced within the same gene that produces grey hair.
 
Notes serve to remind us of things we need reminding of.  Notes are also a convenient and easy way to either remind or inform others of something.....like the note I often leave on the water kettle in the mornings when I go to work "I fed the dog before I left".  That insures that my buddy won't get fed twice.  Who can't fail to get a good fuzzy warm feeling when you find this note tucked in your lunch by your wife...."have a great day honey....I love you"?
 
When you think about it notes are good.  What's a to-do list but a bunch of prioritized notes to self of things that we need to try to get done today?  And we all know that those ever important notes to self reminding us of certain anniversary's and birthdays are really life preserving notes !
 
So we go through life pretty much accustomed to notes of all kinds.  Yes?  Perhaps there should be one very important note in our daily lives....important enough that we actually make one up and post it where we will see it several times throughout the day.  We can so easily get focused on all that is of lesser importance, that we sometimes loose track of what is most important.  Think about it !
 


No comments:

Post a Comment