Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Important News !!

What is in the process of happening could not have happened without the readership of this blog.  Having said that, I really have to thank those who loyally and faithfully receive it, or look it up.  Over the past couple of months, readership has increased quite dramatically, and it has been a sustained growth...not just some spikes.

Around eight months or so ago, I started to feel nudging's (a leading, a calling) to go one step further with the blog.  In that time I've done some exploring, asked a lot of questions, talked to others, sought input, and I decided that it was time to take that next step.

Yesterday, I came to an agreement with Xulon Press, to self publish a book titled A Better Man, Husband, Father.  Here is a brief description of the book and Xulon's services in partnering with me on the project:
  • it will be a 200 +/- page paperback
  • it will contain selected posts from this blog
  • it will be a "bathroom"/nightstand type book...a book with daily pick me up/help me think about my self and my growth articles...just like this blog
  • it will be vigorously marketed and placed on Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble.com, and iBooks, and will be available as paperback and e-book.
  • it will also be vigorously marketed at all of the leading Christian book stores, as well as the brick and mortar book stores.
  • it will be presented at the four largest Christian publishing trade shows
Within the next few days, there will be posted a web page I have made from Kickstarter, a website which allows me to present a well defined project goal for fund-raising for those who might want to consider helping me meet the financial obligations of this project.  I encourage you to check it out when it is presented and to follow your heart and God's leading regarding your decision to pledge or not.

It is important to know that whatever the outcome of the fund-raising campaign, I have committed to the process of publishing the book on strong faith because of the leadings I have felt about it.  It is not an inexpensive process.

When all is said and done, I humbly view the book, not as an accomplishment (which it certainly is to me as with any author who has ever published a book), but as a tool who has written a book which has the important potential to offer help to other men, husbands, and fathers who so often struggle in their walk of life as they try to remain strong and faithful to Christ, family, and relationships.

Bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment