Saturday, March 7, 2015

Put that glass down!!!

A psychologist walked around a room while teaching stress management to an audience.  As she raised a glass of water, everyone expected that they'd be asked the "half empty or half full" glass question.  Instead, with a smile on her face, she inquired;  "How heavy is this glass of water?"

Answers that were called out ranged from 8 oz. to 20 oz.

She replied, "The absolute weight doesn't matter.  It depends on how long I hold it.  If I hold it for a minute, it's not a problem.  If I hold it for an hour, I'll have an ache in my arm.  If I hold it for a day, my arm will feel numb and paralyzed.  In each case, the weight of the glass doesn't change, but the longer I hold it, the heavier it becomes."

She continued, "Stresses and worries in life are like that glass of water.  Think about them for a while and nothing happens.  Think about them a bit longer and they begin to hurt.  And if you think about them all day long, you will feel paralyzed-incapable of doing anything."

We are all subject to stress in our lives.  Some we bring on ourselves, some is created around us.  The issue isn't the stress.  That's part of our reality as men...it's going to be there.  The issue is how we deal with it, what we do with it....before it does us in inappropriate ways.

put that glass down !!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment