Thursday, March 13, 2014

Does God really see everything?

Does God really see everything?  Is that a silly question?  I am guessing that almost everyone would say something like "of course, He sees everything...He is God after all."  It's pretty much what we have been taught since our early days.

I remember quite well a period of time in my life when I was profoundly on the dark side of life.  I was a husband and a father at the time.  It was an ugly and extended period of time in my life.  I was functional, I provided, and in a way I "loved", but in essence, I was but a shell of a man....and didn't know it.  I embraced sin, lived a sinful life, and rejected anything about God.

Along the way in mid life, the hammer came down.  God worked through some special people and ultimately I came around, and at this stage of my life am living a Christ centered life.  Through that period of change, I had a really hard time understanding grace and forgiveness.  One of the simple messages that helped me in growing a fuller understanding of those was this:

 
I submit therefore, that no, God does not see everything.  Sure, that is perhaps a play on words, but you get what I mean.
 
I have, since coming over from the dark side, been amazed at how much better I feel about myself as a husband, a father, and a man.  And everyone I have talked to has said the same thing.  Life is not necessarily better, but it is excitingly free-er and less complicated.
 
If you, or someone you know, is struggling with life and spirituality, you might just want to keep the above three things in mind....because they speak boldly about a God who doesn't always see, but always does.


No comments:

Post a Comment