Monday, March 17, 2014

The wolves within us

I have always had a love affair with Indians....natural American Indians.  The Indian culture has always been interesting to me.  One of the reasons is that they involve so much that is nature with their sense of living and spirituality, and often it is pretty profound.  For example:

 
Don't you think the wise old Cherokee had it down right?  Don't you just love his comparisons of the two wolves within...Evil and Good? 
 
I have proven to myself many times that either wolf within me can win.  In my time I have fed the Evil wolf enough so that he should go to Weight Watchers.  And the result showed in my daily life.  And I have also discovered that I can choose not to feed him, and instead feed the Good wolf and I have been amazed at how much feeding that wolf has changed my life. 
 
One thing is for sure.  Neither wolf will die by not being fed.  They will always be within us.  But whichever one we choose to feed will flourish.
 
Which wolf are you feeding?
 


No comments:

Post a Comment