Sunday, November 2, 2014

Dare to be different

 
 

Sometimes it's hard. 
 
Sometimes it's a challenge. 
 
Sometimes you feel that you just can't do it. 
 
Sometimes you doubt yourself.
 
Sometimes you think you want to give up.
 
I remember vividly thinking of one person or another during the course of my life....."I wish I could be like him."  I thought those thoughts because I was living a lifestyle on the other side of town from those I was thinking about....Christian men who were dancing to their own rhythm, and did not care what others thought about them.  I guess inwardly I just sensed that they were right and I was not all right.
 
Over time, and some false starts, I'm trying earnestly to live the life of a Christian man.  Those 5 sometimes up above all have applied to me at one time or another.  Why?  Not so much that I care so much about being different, but I've still got this little flaw in me that shouts out at me every once in a while..."hey man, you gotta be sure that everyone likes you".  What does that mean?  That every once in a while I will find myself dancing to their rhythm, instead of the one I have chosen....because I have lost track at that moment that I only need to dance to the Rhythm that Christ has given me when He made me a new man.
 
I don't know if that struggle will ever end.  I suppose I'll know the answer to that when I reach the end of the trail.  I don't know if any of us knows.  What I do know is that I'm glad I know that I dance differently at times, that I catch that, and that I can get right back in step and be forgiven.
 
How do you dance? 

No comments:

Post a Comment