Tuesday, November 11, 2014

On the edge.....or not

 I can't take anymore...
I feel like I've been pushed to the edge...
I just don't know what to do...
If I only knew how this was going to turn out...
I've had it....
I feel all tied up in knots....
I don't know where to turn...
I feel like I've reached my breaking point...
 
What do those statements sound like to you?  To me, they all sound like a place I have been at different points in my life when faced with crises, problems, upheavals, discouragements, fear, and the like.  It happens to us all at some time during our lives, and to some more than others.  Agree?
 
I think we have available to us just two options when circumstances lead us to make those kinds of statements.  We can rely solely on ourselves to get us out of the jam or situation which led us to that point, or we can rely on God.  Even ignoring the issue falls under the first option, because in doing so one is simply saying.."I'm not doing anything, I'll gut it out".
 
How about this for a radical thought?  Maybe God has pushed you to the edge!!!  And that might well be without your even knowing it.  Consider this....we are His children.  Could it not be that by pushing us to the edge that what He is really doing is more big-picture in nature....actually pushing us toward Him?  After all, is He not our protector?  Does He not care for us?  So I'm inclined to think there is a method to His madness (tongue in cheek there):
 
 
 
Remember the next time you feel like you are carrying a load you're not liking....God knows the big picture for all of us.  You're either going to land safely or fly right through it.  Just trust !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment