Saturday, November 15, 2014

Just dying

"I'm just dying to see that show"
"I can't wait, I've been dying to go to that concert"
"I'm dying to see if I get that new job"
"I'm dying to get there"
 
How many times in our lives have we used the term..."I'm dying..."?  Of course, we've heard it a lot too haven't we?  An anonymous source came up with this one:
 
First I was dying to reach the teens.
Then I was dying to finish high school and get to college.
And then, I was dying to start my career job.
Then I was dying to marry and raise a family.
Then I was dying to climb the corporate ladder.
Then I was dying for my kids to finish college.
Then I was dying to retire.
And now, I am dying, and suddenly I realize I forgot to live.
 
No matter where you are in life, perhaps you may find some (or all) of that applicable.  Isn't it all about priorities, this thing about living?  Don't we tend to spend a lot of time, thought and effort "dying for's" and "dying to's", when the only thing that really matters is that we learn to live....live our lives the way God intended us to?  Hey, He even supplied us with a how-to manual..it's called the Bible.  And there is a direct customer care line available as well, and it's free...it's called prayer.
 
We know with certainty that some day we are going to die, right?  Isn't it far more important to be dying to get to Heaven than all this other stuff?  I'm thinking that if one is committed to think solely about that, all those other "dying to's and for's" will all take care of themselves according to what God knows is best for you and I.
 
I'm dying to find out !  Aren't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment