Friday, November 21, 2014

Jesus moments

"I'm feeling so small
Standing here weeping
As I'm coming clean
Of the secrets I'm keeping
I've caused so much pain
To the ones I love most
And I'm falling apart
As I carry my heart to Your throne"
 
 
That's the first part of a song by Among the Thirsty called Completely.  Whenever I hear that song start, I really listen to this first part because that is sometimes me.  Those are the times when I wish it was me all of the time.  Those are the times when I am waaaaaaaaay out of myself, and where I belong.  And you know what.....those times don't happen often enough do they?
 
The song ends with this:
 
"I let Your gifts take place of you
But you pulled up my selfishness by it's roots
I am broken and fragile me
But I'm where You want me to be.
 
I am completely surrendering
Finally giving You everything
You're my redeemer, I run to the cross
Because You are more than enough
Lord, complete me
Cause I'm Yours completely
Lord complete me
Cause I'm Yours completely"
 
It is then that I am so reminded that I am redeemed !! It is then that I am having a Jesus moment.  It used to bother me that I had Jesus moments.  Not the fact that I had them, but that I didn't have them all the time....like I thought I should.  Now....it doesn't bother me at all.  I am crazy about my Jesus moments.  I love my Jesus moments.  I live for my Jesus moments.  Why?
 
I think Jesus moments don't tell us what we are missing in our lives.  Rather, they tell us what we have in our lives, and what we can get more of if we just try.  You see, we are humans.  We make mistakes and we fail.  That's a result of our wrong choices and actions.  But on the flip side, we also win in those choices and actions, and when we do we will find a Jesus moment.  We'll never have Jesus moments 24/7/365.  It ain't a gonna happen!  Not on this earth anyway.  But the more we put ourselves together, continue to grow in Christ, and make more and more right choices, the more Jesus moments we can expect.  And need I say that I think our eternity, if we do that, will be one huge, unending Jesus moment?

No comments:

Post a Comment