Friday, January 24, 2014

Comeback Trail

I keep hearing, or reading,  the term "comeback trail".  So much so that I got curious and googled it.  I found no specific place called "comeback trail" but I did find many, many google references to the term.  "So and so on the comeback trail", etc.  It was applied to sport figures, politicians, you name it.  So I guess there is no real place called comeback trail.  Or maybe there is.

I often talk about life as "that long dirt road of daily life".  I do this because it paints a word picture for me.  In doing so it speaks to me about my daily life:
  • life can be rough and arduous at times
  • life isn't a freeway that I just glide along on
  • it is a one way road...from here (where I am now) to there (the end)
  • at the end of that long dirt road lies eternity, where I will meet the Lord
At times during my travel down that long dirt road, I have strayed away from that road.  Thankfully, through any number of circumstances I found myself on a comeback trail that eventually intersected with and ended at the long dirt road.  Hence, I also use the term comeback trail as a word picture because it speaks to me as such:
  • it's a do-over.  God gives us do overs.
  • it's Grace.  God floods us with grace.
  • it's forgiveness.  God forgives us.
  • it's redemption.  God redeems us.
How wonderful it is to know that just  regular guys like you and I can hit the comeback trail.  We needn't be well known folks to get that gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment