Saturday, January 4, 2014

When I look in the mirror

Most readers who hit this blog will not know that one of my "jobs" is writing lyrics.  I love both country music and christian contemporary music, and thus write lyrics for those genres.  That said, however, the early part of my life was spent writing poetry...an art form that never really has left.  This one popped out of my head this morning as I was thinking about me:

When I look in the mirror
 
When I look in the mirror
who do I see?
Do I see some stranger
or do I see me?
Is the man that I see there
a man loving and kind,
or is the guy standing there,
a man out of his mind?
One thing I’m sure of
as I stand there and stare…
if it’s not me I’m seeing,
I’d best turn to prayer.
‘cause it’s a sign I’ve lost sight of
some things to hold dear..
like being more Christ like
and keeping Him near.
If I can’t be comfy
seein’ me in my skin
it means I am living
with way too much sin.  


No comments:

Post a Comment