Friday, January 17, 2014

Ford

I've always leaned toward Chevrolets or GMC's as opposed to Fords, for no particular reason.  It was just that way.  I remember when I was way back young, mom and dad bought a new car and it was a Studebaker for cryin' out loud.  You know, one of those ugly cars that you couldn't tell if it was coming or going.  Of course nowadays I'd love to have that car.  Talk about a collectible.

So my bent toward General Motor products most likely didn't come from my parents.  Maybe it was peer pressure, because I do distinctly remember hearing, a lot in fact, that Ford stood for Fix Or Repair Daily, and it was always said with a bit of disdain or even a mocking manner.

As humans, we are a driven lot.  Our bosses drive us.  Our families drive us.  Our friends drive us.  And, we drive ourselves...perhaps harder than any of the others.  We are a driven people much of our lives.  We are driven to succeed.  We are driven to provide.  We are driven to meet the demands of others.  You getting the picture here?

If I had a choice, I would want the vehicle that is my life to be a Ford.  Because I know that if I keep it fixed and repaired on a daily basis, there is a far greater chance of me being a better man, husband and father than if I don't.  With all that is upon our plates in this daily business of life, it behooves each of us to pay attention to all of our parts at all times so that they don't get out of repair.  And that is especially true of our spiritual condition and our hearts.

So I'll just be a Ford.

No comments:

Post a Comment