Sunday, January 12, 2014

The Walls

How many times have you heard or said "if those walls could only talk"?  That saying is usually brought up when some perceived "juicy" gossip  is talked about, a deal made, a suspected secret matter discussed, or the like, any of which was beyond our ability to hear or be apart of.  We weren't privy to that information.

Did you ever wonder what was going on with a friend, relative, or partner, because in your gut you just sensed that someting was wrong or off?  And if you happened to ask them, you got the response "nothings wrong, I'm fine" your suspicions were heightened because the vibes were just too strong.

We mask.  That's what we do.  We not only mask our emotions, feelings, and thoughts....we build up walls.  I do.  I always have, and most likely I always will to one degree or another.  Something to do with human nature.

That said, one of the hardest things I have been able to accept is that there really are folks with kind hearts who want nothing but the best for me.  But sometimes the walls I put up get pretty hard to see through or get over.  And those are the kind of walls that don't talk. 

It's easy to forget that there is no wall that ever stops God.  None.  And it is equally easy to forget that God uses people to help His people.  Therefore it behooves me to let my walls down, and talk....if I am going to continue to try to grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment