Friday, January 3, 2014

Mind Tricks

So I've been sitting watching one of the BCS bowl games and I find my mind wandering.  Treading into areas that I really wish it wouldn't go to.  Ever happen to you?  Be honest now.

I'm talking about mind tricks.  On one hand, I want to be unassuming, kind, non-judgemental, and to not think ill of anyone.  In the same instance I find myself making comments about the female on-field reporter (who I have consistently referred to as he-male wannabe jockettes).  And then I find myself making comments about the fact that one of the teams apparently issues helmet stickers every time a player takes a poop, because there are so many of them....so many, in fact, that surely they must have run out of room and now must put stickers on their jock straps.  See where I'm going with this?  Is this "normal"?  Better yet, is it right?  And even more disturbingly.....what does it say about me as a person...a) that I think these things, and b) that I express them?

I am convinced that one of the stumbling blocks to building a new past is mind tricks. 


No comments:

Post a Comment