Friday, January 3, 2014

The little train that could

I guess there are a lot of folks who can remember the story about the little train that could, or if they are like me perhaps just the gist of it.  While I don't remember all the details (heck, it's been 40-45 years since I had kids at the age where I would have been doing that story with them.  And since that was in a very dark time of my life there is a good possibility I wouldn't have anyway...but that's for a later story.  What I think I remember, though, is that the theme was that the little train faced adversity.  Hmmmm, don't we all.  Hmmmm, I sure do.  And on a daily basis too.

To be more specific, my daily adversity is those things which gets in the way of  my growing up.  Those things that I do on auto-pilot, which in retrospect make me say "why did I just do that?" or "I can't believe I just said that". And other things....sometimes just things I think and almost immediatly regret thinking because I know it was just stinky thinking.  You know what I'm talking about.  Stuff we all do, some more than others, on a semi regular basis which we really scold ourselves about minutes later.  Only to go on and repeat doing again in record time.  And that's after we catch ourselves.  Adversity to growing up.

Tonight when I go to bed and do my daily soul baring/and sharing with (not to) God I think I'll just keep it simple as I again ask for strength to just be kind and be calm....and I'll add a new one.  I know I can, I know I can....with Your help.  The train conductor can surely help me.



No comments:

Post a Comment