Saturday, January 11, 2014

Sanity on Sunday

Sundays are special days for me anymore.  I like the idea of having a good loafing day, and Sundays qualify for that.  I like football games and Nascar.  Sundays provide that.  I like the idea of not having to get up to go to work for a day.  Sundays allow that.

Those aren't, however, the reasons that Sundays are special for me.  Here's why.

Have you ever noticed that sometimes things happen inside your head and heart as the week works its way toward the weekend?  Maybe, like can happen to me, you are edgier, and find it easy not to be so tolerant of others.  Or perhaps, as the week progressed you got lazy paying attention to your inner self and your relationships with others, family, and God.  And more.  You know, the daily business of life just seems to increasingly get in the way of what really matters as the week creeps its way from Monday to Saturday.  Maybe because that time has become your enemy instead of your friend. Ugh!

Forutnately, this is happening less and less for me these days, because I have found that in spite of any exigent circumstances, I really need to go to the hospital on Sundays.  So I do.  I am compelled to, in fact.  Because I really, really need to get my weekly dose of Sanity on Sunday at the best hospital I have found....one that caters to my emotional, intellectual, and most importantly my spiritual needs as I daily tread through the the waters of this insane asylum (as I sometimes refer to it) of life....my church home.

 

Please, please don't take this to mean that only Sunday's matter.  Far from it.  But it is that dose of Sanity on Sunday that helps steer the ship the rest of the week if I do what I am supposed to do during those days.

No comments:

Post a Comment