Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Destinations

Picture a very long walk down a narrow dirt road, one which you are taking all alone.  The road has many hills to climb, valleys to cross, turns to navigate, and an occasional barrior to go around in order to keep moving forward.  It is rutty, and rugged. Sometimes on this walk you stumble and fall.  You may even get hurt.  And you might get so discouraged that you just don't want to continue on....you almost want to cry out "I give up". 

That pretty much describes how I think of my walk of life at times.  But for one exception, it could almost be a dead ringer for my walk of life.  That exception is this....I am never alone in my walk of life.  At the very least, God is always with me.  It's just sometimes I choose to not remember that.  Almost always there is a cadre of spiritual brothers also with me in this walk...but again, it is I that sometimes rather conveniently choose to not remember that.  You see, there is this little "thing" in me that say I (emphasis on me) can do it.  I (emphasis on me) don't need additional help.

The more I rely on my walking partners, God and my spiritual brothers, the nicer and more comfortable that walk will be.


The narrow road of life is always, at least at some points in time, a difficult road.  I have never met anyone who had a clear shot to the end, worry, trouble, or adversity free.  Have you?

And yet, what lies at the end of that road is a beautiful destination we can only begin to imagine.  We are told, in the word, what it will be like, but we have to lean heavily on faith to believe that as we travel down our individual roads of life. 

Can you deal with the difficulties on your road of life?

Are you taking advantage of God's help and the help of others as you travel that sometimes difficult road?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment