Saturday, February 15, 2014

Keep on keeping on

It was one of those days.  I think we all get them....even the pretenders who would never acknowledge it.  Everything was falling apart, and it felt like the train was going off the track.  Nothing was going right...nothing.  And to make it worse, I was caving in to a sense of depression that is very, very dark.  The kind where one shuts everyone else out....everyone.  The kind that brings dark thoughts to the mind, thoughts that just seem to take front center stage in the head with a Hulk Hogan grip on it. 

Ever had one of those days? 

Those are the kind of days that can make us or break us as men.  Those are the kinds of days where it is dangerous to listen to our heads.  Those are the kind of days where we have to dig deeper....all the way to our heart. 

If we go to our heart, we will find  some sense of calm there.  For it is in our heart, the epicenter of our soul, that the ultimate solution comes from.....God is there for me--always!  In spite of what is going on in our external world....He is there.  In spite of what our head says....He is there and He cares.

 

 
 
When the pooh hits the fan it can be extremely difficult to remember that God's got your back....and I can speak with some authority on that.  I also know that the longer I keep on keeping on, the more I realize that God indeed does have my back.
 
How's your back?  Are you letting God have it?


No comments:

Post a Comment