Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Friends or not?

I've heard it many times---"if you are lucky, you can count your real friends on one hand."  As I get older I am inclined to believe and fully appreciate that statement.  Ponder these questions for a moment:

  • Just what is a REAL friend?  What is it about one that makes him so?
  • In your lifetime, how many REAL friends have you had?
  • Conversly, you have been a REAL friend to who?
  • What is it about you that keeps people from becoming a real friend?
  • What is it about you that prevents you from being a real friend?
I snagged this the other day and thought it pretty good:


Let me offer this.  I submit that if you have several really good friends, ones who live according to the above statement, then chances are extremely high that your life as a man, husband, and father will be in sync with your life as a friend.

Are you out of sync?

What helps me more than anything to be in sync is the connectiveness that comes from being in a meaningful men's group at church.

Just sayin'!


No comments:

Post a Comment