Friday, February 14, 2014

My what ??????

Ever since the last do-over (yep, there have been some) I've had a real strong desire to be the best possible believer I can be.  At this stage of life there possibly won't be anymore do-overs, so I'm giving it my best shot.  That said, I researched and found quite a few things that I could do to make me a better christian.  Some of the things on that list are as follows:
  • Pray a lot in public, and secretly hope lots of folks see me and take note of it.
  • Always carry my bible with me and read from it, especially out in public.
  • Always listen to CCM, and get to know the songs so you can sing along with the music.
  • Always have a serious face on and never make jokes.
  • Be on constant look out for someone to pray over, and then let them know.
  • Insist that friends and family come see  your church.
  • Give those who won't tapes or cd's of the services, and stress how good the message was.
  • Most importantly, tell everyone that  you're a christian.  Never miss an opportunity to say it.
What?  You disagree?  Well, since I was being facetious, I've got to tell you that I absolutely agree with you.  I've met those pious happy warriers, and I've always wondered what was behind the facade of purity and righteousness they try so hard to put on.  I know how human I am, and I know full well how broken I have been, am, and will be.  And if I have learned one thing that is rock solid, it is that God's grace is what I have been given beyond all measure of deserving it.  And it is there for everyone....free. 

Here's what a christian character is all about:

 
 
 
I rather like that.  It is so much easier for me just to be me, warts and all, as I try to go down the narrow road of life real, vulnerable, broken, transparent and forgiven.  All I have to do is try to behave.  I don't have to pretend because God's got me covered.
 
How about you?


No comments:

Post a Comment